Published on February 9th, 2018 | by Gary Johnson0
Galaxy S9 release nears with Samsung tease
As usual the last few months since the release of the Galaxy Note 8 the Internet has been awash with rumours and leaks about this year’s flagship smartphones, and as the Galaxy S9 release nears we get a tease from Samsung about the device.
As you can see from the official image and video from Samsung the company is teasing consumers with talk of “The Camera Reimagined”, that was emailed to us in the office.
There has already been plenty of talk about the possible specifications of the Galaxy S9 and S9+ that have suggested the handset would have a similar camera set as the Note 8. What the statement from the company is hinting at remains to be seen but it has confirmed the new hardware will be launched officially the day before MWC 2018 kicks off on the 25th of February.
Other rumoured specs include;
5.8in / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi / 529ppi)
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) / Samsung Exynos 9810 (UK)
– 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM / 6GB RAM
– 64GB/128GB / 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
– Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds)
– Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
– 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) / Vertical dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
– Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
– USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
– Stereo speakers
– Wireless charging support
– IP68 water and dust resistance
– Built-in FM radio
– Updated DeX docking station
– Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, and Coral Blue, Lilac Purple variants.
The other images you can see on this page are allegedly of the handset itself courtesy of reliable tipster Evan Blass with everything being confirmed in a couple of weeks.